A semi-active military site near Gallup, in western New Mexico, with hundreds of munitions igloos. The depot was established in 1918, and was deactivated in 1993. Much of the base is being "demilitarized," with private contractors working on weapons disposal at the depot. The site has occasionally been used to launch missiles to White Sands Missile Range, 150 miles south. The 2,000-pound rocket boosters drop in the nearby Cibola National Forest.