CLUI Viewing Tower

1521 CLUI photo

This old target scoring tower provides elevated views of the region. It was originally an observation tower for the military training ranges north of the highway. It was moved to the Kaiser Potash works in the 1950's, to watch operations in the spread out evaporation ponds south of the highway. By the late 1970's its use dimished to simply supporting a TV antenna for the potash bunkhouse, which is no longer in use by the plant. It was donated to the CLUI by the owner of the potash plant, and moved to its current location in 2007.

Javascript is required to view this map.