Dining Hall

2702 CLUI photo

The Dining Hall building was built in 1945, and was one of the last buildings to be constructed on the original airbase. It was abandoned for many years, and was last used by the military in 1986, as part of a large training operation called Red Flag, which involved military bases in Nevada and Utah in a widespread war scenario. New commercial cooking equipment for the operation was used only once, then abandoned. Other uses of the building since Red Flag have included the occasional quinceaƱera by local residents, and as a place for the screening rushes of Hollywood productions filmed on location at the airbase. Due to its poor condition, it is now unused.

Javascript is required to view this map.