Power Plant

1611 CLUI photoThis building, behind the offices of Shelton Redimix concrete, is one of the first buildings built on base in WWII. This was the power plant for the main base, as well as the gunnery school range northeast of Wendover. Seven diesel generators provided 1525 kilowatts of electricity for the base, distributing power through overhead electric lines. The plant  was leased to a local power utility in 1957, and provided electricity to the town. It was shut down by 1980, and the generators were removed. Inside, the generator mounts are frosted with decades of pigeon droppings, and a smattering of mysterious toxic powders.

Javascript is required to view this map.