Hangar One

1617 CLUI photoHangar One is one of six WWII hangars that remain standing on the flightline of the airbase. Originally there were a total of seven hangars on base, but in 1946, the original Hangar One, located west of here, burned down. After the fire this building, originally called Hangar Two, was designated as the new Hangar One, and all the other hangar numbers decreased by one as well. It is now used for civilian aircraft storage and maintenance.

Javascript is required to view this map.