Power Plant #1

Image
CLUI photo
CLUI photo

San Francisquito Power Plant #1 went online in 1917. It was the first source of hydropower directly for the city, and provided 97% of the city’s power at that time. One of two DWP hydroelectric plants in the San Francisquito Canyon, it generates power from the falling water of the Los Angeles Aqueduct.