This gas-fired power plant in the San Fernando Valley, built in 1953, is the oldest of the four gas-fired plants operated in the basin by DWP. Two of its units have been shut down (#1 and 2), two have been upgraded (#3 and #4), and three new, more efficient ones were added around ten years ago. The total output for the plant is around 600 megawatts. Around 60 people work on site. East of the plant is the Truesdale Training Center, the DWP main training site for electrical workers.